Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Not sure what additional detail I can provide aside from

Customer Question

Not sure what additional detail I can provide aside from what has already been said. Kindly ask if additional information is needed.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My 13 year old Shiba Inu started to vomit and have diarrhea about 3 days ago. I found clumpy yellowish vomit on the floor the first morning and he was limping, and then he continued to have vomitting and diarrhea, as well as suffered a seizure. After the seizure, he has been very lethargic, very stiff when walking iwith his head and tail down. He has suffered from seizures in the past (maybe one every 3-4 months). He is now at an animal hospital receiving IV hydration, and test results have come back showing enteritis, colitis, and arthritis, 103 temperature, and kidney & liver levels up. Do you have any recommendations on next steps -- urinalysis, stool, ultrasound, MRI/CT? Yesterday and today, I was also told that if cost is a factor, then putting him to sleep is another option. Do you have any recommendations? He still seems to be out of it, not showing interest in eating still. 8(
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Storm. Can you upload a copy of his test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy at home but Storm's vet can give you one which you can scan into your computer and then give me the file link or you can photograph the pages and upload them by using the paperclip icon (if you can see that icon) or by using an external app such as dropbox.com/

Diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests aren't likely to identify an enteritis, colitis, or arthritis. I need to see these tests to make sense out of them; particularly, his renal and hepatic biochemistries. A urinalysis is essential; I can comment about advanced imaging as you've mentioned once I have a better idea of what's shown in his diagnostics so far.