jadedangel57
jadedangel57, owner
Experience:  breeder/ vet assistant.
2361900

My dog is just lying around and is licking the floor

Customer Question

my dog is just lying around and is licking the floor constantly. He is defiinately in distress.He has always done more licking and panting than most and
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 4 months ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How old is your dog?

2- Is he on any medications?

3- Breed?

4- Weight?

5- Any pre existing medical conditions?

6- Any vomiting?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
he will be three next month no medication... black lab...90 lbs...no... no vomiting

Friend, I am sorry for the delay in response I was offline by the time you came back. If you would like to continue can you give me an update on how your dog is doing?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
he has a yeast infection under his neck. I took him to the vet yesterday
Expert:  jadedangel57 replied 4 months ago.

Do you still require some assistance. Usually dogs lick various objects excessively when they have an upset stomach or seizure activity. I'm assuming with your dog it is likely an upset stomach. You could try some pepto-bismol at 1 teaspoon per 5 pounds every 6 hours for upset stomach, gas, or diarrhea. Give about 30 minutes before feeding.

You can also add probiotics to your dog's food to add good bacteria to your dog's gastrointestinal tract and aid in digestion. Good bacteria in the stomach helps with digestion and cuts down on stomach upset. Give this a try. Hopefully you got something from your vet to help with the yeast dermatitis under the neck. If not, let me know and I can give you some suggestions.

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have . If you do find this helpful, please take this opportunity to rate my answer positively so I am compensated for my time.