Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 18 months old Shih Tzu has become more and more nervous,

Customer Question

Hello - My 18 months old Shih Tzu has become more and more nervous, I need something to calm her down
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Has she had any significant changes in her environment? Any new people or pets?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No.

Okay thanks for the additional information. At what age did you first notice her change her behavior? If her change is due to anxiety there are a couple of options that you can try. One is a collar that has a pheromone that can help calm anxious dogs. It is called Adaptil it can be purchased on Amazon. There is also some calming treats that you can purchase as well called Composure. If those are not proven to be effective then you can ask your veterinarian about specific anti-anxiety medication. Common one that are used include Alprazolam, and Amitryptylline.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just manage to get you. Sorry, It's been confusing, I wish to stop here.

Okay I will opt out then.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you.