Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My wife and I are having issues about the right treat or

Customer Question

My wife and I are having issues about the right treat or chews for our two 7 mo. old schnauzers. One has been sick and our Vet is stomp as to why! We think it is the chews from out of country. Can you help She had vomiting and diarreah
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gregg replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Gregg and I will try to answer your questions today. Do you know what the chews are made of and where they come from?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
FROM what I gather beef loins from south america bought from a well known animal store locally.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There were ingrediences that our vet couldn't pronouce or knew!

Thanks for that information. I have a general rule that the only treats or food I feed my animals must be made in the USA. There was a serious problem with animals sick from chicken treats from China several years ago. I am especially un-trusting of products from Korea, China and the Far East, as well as South America. Food products from these regions can be contaminated with bacteria or toxins

Did your Vet think Grettal was sick from the treats or was he not sure what was wrong with her?

What medication is Grettal taking now? Has she been sick in the past like she is now?

Sorry to ask so many questions but since I can't see or examine Grettal, I have to depend on what you see and know

Can you tell me what Grettals symptoms are and perhaps I can help you figure out what is wrong with her.