Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog is 12 50lbs and drinks over 100oz of water a day and

Customer Question

hi my dog is 12 50lbs and drinks over 100oz of water a day and pees everwhere.. last year liver levels were in 300 range this year 600. Doing an ultrasound but did one last year and found nothing.. any ideas... on proin but peeing everywhere
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome, I am Dr. B and would like to help you today.

Did her vet check any other blood parameters or just liver?

Did they start any treatment for her liver?

Any urine tests done?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
they did a full blood panelno liver treatment startedyes they did do urinalysis
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you,

Now I agree that this level of thirst is abnormal and it will be what is causing her urinary signs as well. So, the proin won't have much of a chance here since its meant to help prevent leakage from urinary sphincter weakening not an over production of urine as we have here.

Now if her liver values are climbing this tells us that the liver isn't working as it should. Which can cause both signs we are seeing. So we'd want her vet to be treating this even if the scan didn't show a tumor or obvious change. Therefore that would be something to ring them about here for her.

Otherwise, you may need to double check that the full panel ( or have them do so now) did test her kidney values, rule out metabolic disease (diabetes, Cushings,Addison's, etc), and made sure her calcium levels are normal (sometimes seen with some cancers but also could cause these signs). But again seeing those liver values doubling is a sign that this is likely causing these signs and is an issue that needs treating.

Please take care,
Dr. B
------------------------------------
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Afterwards, please make sure to rate my help ( using the stars ior typing a rating) as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you. :)

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.
Hi Kelly,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Kelly Wynne. How is everything going?

nekovet