Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My female dog who is 9 has been bleeding pretty bad since

Customer Question

My female dog who is 9 has been bleeding pretty bad since last night. Not continuous bleeding. Not like period bleeding but like big puddle gushs out then nothing for awhile then more. Shes also not eating or drinking. All shes doing is laying in the same spot hasnt moved
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) From what location is she bleeding?
2) Do you have pictures or video of the bleeding you're seeing?
3) When did she stop eating and drinking?
4) Is she spayed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She's bleeding from her vagina, we do have pics, really hasn't ate in 2 days same for drinking. She is not spayed.

Misty, I cannot impress upon you heavily enough the potentially life-threatening circumstances that surround blood loss like this. I would recommend that you take her to your local ER or veterinary facility promptly. With this having been going on since last night, there's a very good chance that she could be anemic. The fact that she is not eating or drinking indicates even further concern.

If you need help finding a facility that can help you, please reply with your city, state and zip code.