Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My 10 week old havanese jumped from my arms and fell on s

Customer Question

My 10 week old havanese jumped from my arms and fell on his right side or back , he squealed but got up right away and walked to his bed. His eyes look ok and doesn't seem to have broken any bones, but when I carried him I felt like under his stomach I felt like stomach juices gurgling not sure if you understand what I mean. What could it be should I take him to the ER?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: He is not sleeping, his name is ***** ***** is acting normal it's just the gurgling inside the stomach I felt that worries me, it could be totally normal but I have never felt it and since he just fell, I don't know what to think
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Dallas?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. Actually pups are always having knocks and bumps and minor traumatic incidents such as you describe, my experience is that young pups are usually very resilient and in my experience significant injuries are rare.

2. If Dallas was walking normally and responding normally and is now sleeping then I would be very surprised if you will have any cause for concern but by all means have him checked over by your vet tomorrow just as a precaution. However if he is still acting normally tomorrow then the chances are that will not really be necessary. It is possible that the gurgling noises you mention are just down to stress from the accident so the chances are he will be just fine after he gets the chance to settle down for a bit, but of course if you become further concerned or think he is deteriorating in any way then you should have him checked over by an ER vet just to be on the safe side.

3. Also I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if Dallas's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you

No problem, glad to be advising you ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your pup is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning his fall ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.