Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have nothing more to add at this point. I 't know if my

Customer Question

I have nothing more to add at this point. I don't know if my question went through or not.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Ronald Reupert replied 10 months ago.

I don't see a question. Please post again. Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I wrote an extensive explanation but I guess it didn't go through?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: He is a 75-lb Plott Hound, just one year old. He has always been hyper active, but recently, he has been rather lethargic. It was routine that he would bolt from his kennel in the morning, run outside to pee, then run back into the kitchen to eat. Recently he has needed to be coached out of his kennel, and has no interest in hurrying outside to pee. I have been giving him a massage when he first comes out of the kennel and we've established a routine. He still doesn't seem to care about pottying or having breakfast. I have been working with different foods to find something he likes. He is a picky eater. He seems to lie around on his side a lot and sleep. He likes to go outside and lie on his side in the sun. I've been waiting patiently for him to mellow out from being a highly active puppy, and that may be what is going on and I'm shell shocked. Does this behavior sound reasonable?
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the Plott hound. What is the Plott hound's name?
Customer: Duncan
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Duncan?
Customer: He is active when he is outside and plays hard with the next door 9-week old puppy (st. bernard). He loves to be walked and is always ready to go.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is this supposed to be an answer?

Hi there this is dr. Reupert. I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you but I I was out of the house for a while . This sudden change does not sound normal . lack of appetite and lethargy seem to indicate a medical problem . he may have an infection. how long has this been going on I mean his lack of appetite and lethargy. Is his nose dry? Is he drinking normal amounts?

I need a little more info, so please write back