Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My Maggie is attempt to walk but her right side paws in

Customer Question

My Maggie is attempt to walk but her right side paws in front and back are curling under, I will be getting her to her Dr this morning,], but what is wrong I am really worried, she is diabetic and is on WD Science Diet Food, help
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: there is no wounds on either, and she is really struggling to walk , but she can not uncurl both paws
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No as it is early morning here and I heard her around 3 am banging around trying to walk. I did try to massage both legs thinking it was a cramp, but did not help.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ellie replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear about Maggie's difficulties. I think that a visit to your veterinarian is in order but I don't think there is a need to panic until we have more information. If you turn her feet upside down, does she make an attempt to correct it? Can she walk? Is only one side affected?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
one side

Is she able to walk? Did you turn her feet over and see if she can correct them? Have you already taken her in to see the vet?