Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian
Experience:  emergency and critical care resident
95200773

My male corgi has been throwing up .. Figured it would pass

Customer Question

My male corgi has been throwing up for 2days .. Figured it would pass but today hes got worse. He won't eat only drank once today he won't move not that he can't he won't.. I had to carry him outside to potty. His mouth and nose are dry his gums are white I noticed a red spot that looks like blood on his eye.. And blood in back of mouth I can't find where it's coming from because it's in the very back... His breath is terrible and his teeth has brown stuff on them which I wiped off !! He hasn't been around anything that he could get into at home I was other than going to the river the day before this started I thought maybe a tick but haven't found one. He just been laying here staring into space in between sleeping. He doesn't seem to be in pain though
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am taking him to the vet first thing in the morning but I'm really worried because I asked my aunt who worked for a vet she said it doesn't sound good and wasn't able to assure me he will make it through the night
Expert:  Dr. Ellie replied 4 months ago.

I'm very sorry your dog is sick. He sounds quite ill and I think the best thing to do is to take him in to an emergency clinic right away. I can help you find one in your area if you do not know where the closest one to you is.

The pale gums and lethargy that you describe are very disturbing. The best recommendation I can make is that he be seen by an emergency veterinarian right away. I am concerned about blood loss and that he needs life saving medication and intervention. One of the things that may be going on with him is that he is unable to make clots and this causes excessive and dangerous bleeding, the blood in his eye, and in the back of his throat may mean that he is unable to clot, and if so he is in danger of bleeding to death. This can happen for lots of reasons and blood testing is necessary to determine the cause and recommended treatment.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would like some recommendations if he needs urgent care. I don't know of any places open right now
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He's not bleeding excessively but the blood in his throat does come back after I wipe it out and the blood on his one eye just looks like a stain

Bleeding can be internal and may be hard to pick up without careful veterinary examination and if the blood comes back after you wipe it then I suspect he is bleeding and unable to clot. Where do you live?

Is there any chance he may have eaten any type of poison like rat or mouse bait?

Hi Amy,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Loki. How is everything going?

Dr. Ellie