Katie Volat
Katie Volat, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Veterinary Hospital

My 11 yr old maltese male half, Lump on neck blue size of a

Customer Question

My 11 yr old maltese male half
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: Lump on neck blue size of a quarter movable aspirated red blood cells only Dr wants to operate 11 yr old maltese with heart murmur. 24 hrs later lump size of nickel flatter color mottled brown dark red white, another 24 hours smaller dark pigment uneven Takes .5 mg prednisone for Addisons plus docs every 4 weeks. Would like to send photo how to attach? What to do
JA: Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Snoopy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Snoopy?
Customer: A wonderful precious friend (male)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Katie Volat replied 3 months ago.

This is Dr. KV. I'n here to help with Snoopy. Would you be able to upload a picture of the lump?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for the picture and sorry for the delay. This lump looks like it has changed and become crusted. If it is shrinking, that would be a good thing if your vet is recommending removing it surgically, since it will be a small procedure. I get the sense that you are reluctant to pursue I correct in that assumption? If so, you could have your vet try aspirating it again to see if they obtain more than just blood cells this time.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Katie Volat