Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian

It doesn't feel warm, there might be some clear liquid

Customer Question

It doesn't feel warm, there might be some clear liquid coming out. She hasn't gone near the incision but she lays right on it all day long (French bulldog, she splays out with tummy on ground)
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I think perhaps we were speaking about your dog that just got spayed? Is this the same owner?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I sent a picture can you see it ?
Expert:  Jess K replied 3 months ago.

OK!!! It does look like her incision could be becoming infected based on your photo. It could be infected or she could be having an adverse reaction to the sutures material that are in the body.

Expert:  Jess K replied 3 months ago.

I do think she needs to get checked out by her vet, but it can probably wait until tomorrow if she is otherwise normal. I would, however, recommend picking up an e-collar in the meantime to prevent her from licking (sometimes they do even when you are not looking!!!), most pet stores will carry these, and also your vet has them. If you cannot get one, you can also try putting a baby onesie over her to prevent her from being able to get to it.

Expert:  Jess K replied 3 months ago.
Please let me know if you have any other questions, or if I didn't answer anything to your satisfaction! If you do not have any other questions, please take a moment to CLICK AND RATE our conversation so we can know if you were satisfied with your service and I can get credit for helping to answer your question, and can know that you do not have anything else I need to answer. Thank you and best of luck!!!
Expert:  Jess K replied 3 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Georgia. How is everything going?

Jessica Keay