Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My german shepard ate approximately 8 advil. I gave her

Customer Question

My german shepard ate approximately 8 advil. I gave her Hydrogen peroxide and she threw up within 5 minutes after she took the advil. most of them were in the vomit
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: I forgot to mention it was a 10pm last night. I took her for her walk this morning and she urinated the normal 10 times. she seem fine.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: her name is ***** ***** she is 4yrs
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

What mg dosage were these Advils?

Do you know how many she vomited up?

What is her weight?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dosage 200mg
She vomited up. I only saw 5 that had started to digest. But it was mixed with food and bile.
Weight 80 lbs.