Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My dog just drank toilet water that had a Clorox Bleach &

Customer Question

My dog just drank toilet water that had a Clorox Bleach & Blue tab in it. Everything online says to watch for vomiting. Do I need to rush her to Vet ER? The normal vet opens in about 2 hours.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your dog. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

How is he doing now? I just came online and saw your question; I am sorry you did not get help from an expert before now.

Usually we are more worried if the dog eats the whole toilet additive tablet or packet. Most products diluted in the toilet water do not make dogs sick if they drink some of the water. The bleach in the product can irritate the lining of his mouth so if he seems normal and is not drooling and can eat and drink, he is probably fine.

I would watch for vomiting, drooling, panting, not eating and drinking. Most likely he will be OK. Let me know if this helps and if I can answer anything else.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I have not heard back from you; I hope you were able to see my response! Please let me know how she is doing and what other questions I can answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?