Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

The dog is hyperactive -- moving around, limping a little.

Customer Question

The dog is hyperactive -- moving around, limping a little. Border Collie. Eyes not dull. Tripping going down the stairs, though.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No. We put him in a place that he likes to retreat to in the hope that he will calm down.
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the Border collie's name and age?
Customer: Beo. 10+ years.
JA: How old is Boe?
Customer: Not sure. He was adopted.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Boe?
Customer: He has been vomiting up occasionally. Sometimes he retches and nothing comes up.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My dog is having severe seizures. He just recovered from one and he is pacing the floor.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He is still pacing the floor.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You can call**********
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I'm sorry that no one has reached out to you before this moment. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

If Boe is continuing to have seizures, he needs to be seen promptly. There is nothing that we can do from home to stop seizure activity. Until he can be seen, place him in a cool, dark room with no loud stimulation (no noises) which may kick off future seizures.

Please let me know how I can help you further.