Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog ate 18 zyrexin what do I do

Customer Question

My dog ate 18 zyrexin what do I do
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you so much I will be looking for your response soon . My Pitt is starting to has some problems with breathing and he now has his tail tucked

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. Zyrexin is a herbal product which is on open sale and normally such products have a very high margin of safety in humans otherwise they would be on prescription. It is really a dietary supplement rather than a drug.

2. Little is known about the effects of Zyrexin in dogs but you would normally expect such supplements to have a high margin of safety in dogs as well so the chances are this incident will not affect him too much. Still it is best not to take chances so one of the best things you can do in this sort of situation is to make your dog sick immediately and try recover the Zyrexin that way, If you can do this within the first hour after ingestion { Two hours at the absolute outside } then things should be OK . For the sake of speed I will give you a link on how to do this best : LINK

{ Also be aware that an ER vet will be able to quickly induce vomiting with prescription drugs }

However if you fail to induce vomiting or if any odd symptoms occur then you should have your dog checked over by a vet without delay.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Just picked up your second message, if you are starting to see adverse symptoms such as the breathing problem you mention then it would be best to take your dog to a vet without delay even if this means using an ER vet.

Better safe than sorry ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Gizmo is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Zyrexin...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Gizmo. How is everything going?