Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.

My ate a small chicken bone whole over 24 hours ago and

Customer Question

my ***** ***** ate a small chicken bone whole over 24 hours ago and seems fine how long does it take for him to digest it
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Luckily these are readily digested as chicken/ poultry bones are hollow so easily digestible. They can take 24-48 hours to pass in the stool so monitor closely for this period and feed a bland yet bulking diet of white rice and lean boiled meat with added until it passes as well as increased leash walks to encourage gi motility

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman