Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.

Can I give her doxycycline with prednisolone, She has

Customer Question

Can I give her doxycycline with prednisolone
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: She has allergys and her feet get inflamed and red and has been seen several times at our vet for this problem. All the medication was given by the vet. Just making sure I can give them together
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Faith 10
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Faith?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

This is a great question and doxycycline and prednisone are often given in conjunction in immune mediated or viral disorders so you are safe to administer them together. I will always recommend separating by at least an hour the first 1-2 administrations with food to ensure that if there is an upset stomach from one or the other we will know which one is the culprit but once you pass the first 24 hours you can administer together as long as there is something in Faith's stomach

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you so much! This has been a great help

You are very welcome, best of luck to you and Faith :)

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!

I am going to be taking a break in a few moments but please let me know any additional questions I can assist with

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!