Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, emphasis in dermatology, internal medicine, pain management

Gurgling stomach and came home to 2 lots of stools on the

Customer Question

Gurgling stomach and came home to 2 lots of stools on the floor with some mucus and a bit of blood. She's 8
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Daisy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Daisy?
Customer: No. She's very healthy eats well. Never had diahorrea
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about this concern for Daisy. Absolutely, this is well worth a vet visit. She is exhibitng symptoms of prominent stomach and intestinal distress.
Possible causes are really numerous including having ingested something you don't know about, eating something she doesn't typically eat, foreign body ingestion, intestinal parasites or organ disease.
To help settle the stomach, you can give some Pepcid A.C. antacid, but need to know how much she weighs. Definitely, I would not suggest a wait and see approach. Well worth the vet visit. Basic testing, especially if it hasn't been done in the past year, probably should include a blood profile, and maybe some abdominal x-rays.
A vet can also give her some really good medication to help the colitis (inflammation in the colon), which is evident by the blood and mucous in the stool.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks so much
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 3 months ago.

You are very welcome.

The link contains information about Pepcid and dosing.

Good Luck at the vet.