Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

8 wk old lab puppy, has had first round of shots/deworming.

Customer Question

8 wk old lab puppy, has had first round of shots/deworming. Breeder contacted me about worming again with SafeGuard as other litter puppies were showing signs of hookworms. My puppy had just started to show signs of watery poop. The next day before deworming she started throwing up. I gave her the deworming Med last night with about a third of a can of wet food. At 5 this morning I discovered that she had eliminated a lot, vomited more and is now passing a mucous blood and vomiting more of a liquid. Her tummy is growling a lot.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your puppy eat anything unusual?
Customer: Major mess. I did see some grass in the earlier vomit. Other than that, I don't know
JA: What is the puppy's name?
Customer: Lady
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lady?
Customer: She's not lethargic, wants to play.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 months ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Did you start her on the Safeguard?

2- How long since the last time she vomited?