Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

MY GERMAN SHEPARD 13 YEARS OLD. HER EYE HAVE MUSCUS CAN I

Customer Question

MY GERMAN SHEPARD 13 YEARS OLD . HER EYE HAVE MUSCUS CAN I USE TOBRAMYCIN
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Sheba's eye. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Tobramycin eye drops would be safe to use. If this is a bacterial infection, it should help. Terramycin is an eye ointment that is available without a prescription in most states that also would be safe.

Let me know if this helps and what else I can answer for you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the eye drops that i have EXP 2015/02 the name of it is call tobramycin < should i also use warm water to wash her eye
Expert:  Rebecca replied 8 months ago.

Yes, gently cleaning around her eye with water is fine; cool water may help reduce any swelling. If there is swelling, a cool compress like a bag of frozen peas in a towel may help. Tobramycin is an antibiotic and would be safe to use; if it is out of date it may just be less effective. If there is inflammation, tobramycin has no anti inflammatory properties. The Terramycin can help with inflammation, if you can find it in a pet store.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 8 months ago.

I hope you were able to see my response; I have not heard back from you! Please let me know how Sheba is doing, if this was helpful, and if I can answer any other questions.