Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog ate my other Dodd vetmedin, Abby 4, No,

Customer Question

My dog ate my other Dodd vetmedin
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Abby 4
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Abby?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long ago?

What dose was it (milligrams)?

What does Abby's weight?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
5mg 20 minutes ago
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
35 lbs or more
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.

Thank you,

If she is 35lbs+, then this is no worry at all. This is within the safe dosing range for her size. Therefore, we could induce vomiting or use activated charcoal, but its not necessary. So, you need only monitor her for 24 hours and we'd expect no issue for her at all.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you! : )

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it's ok. Just to make it clear she does not have heart failure and you think she won't have any side effects
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.

Hi again,

If she is a normal healthy dog, then it won't have any effect on her. If she has a sensitive stomach, we could see nausea and vomiting and you could put her on a light diet (ie rice with boiled chicken, white fish, or scrambled egg) in case. Otherwise it won't affect her heart at that dose.

Best wishes,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again,

How is everything going with your wee one?

Dr. B.