Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Wobbly panting and may have had a seizure, Honey female age

Customer Question

Wobbly panting and may have had a seizure
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Honey female age 3
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Honey
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Honey?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 months ago.

You may be correct. Seizures first appearing between the age of 6 months and 6 years are usually found to represent idiopathic (unknown cause) epilepsy. We need to differentiate partial seizures (previously called petit mal) from generalized seizures (previously called grand mal). The latter is characterized by loss of consciousness. Did you see the inception of this event? If so, how long did it last? Is Honey currently improving, normalized or, instead, still symptomatic or worsening? Which breed is she, please?