Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

My dog 46 pound dog just at 12mg of pergolide horse. My 46

Customer Question

My dog 46 pound dog just at 12mg of pergolide for my horse.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?
Customer: My 46 pound dog just ate 12mg of pergolide for my horse. What do I need to do?
JA: The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Laurelle 2yr old female Dalmatian
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Laurelle?
Customer: She is on Temaril P and hydroxyzine for allergies and sub-lingual drops
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear what happened with Laurelle getting Pergolide. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

This drug can cause vomiting, diarrhea, low blood pressure, and excitement in dogs. If it happened in the last hour or less, you could try to induce vomiting with 2 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide; get her to drink the peroxide in some milk or ice cream.

If you can't get her to vomit or if it was more than an hour ago, we use a tranquilizer called acepromazine when dogs get pergolide (she is not the first dog to do this!).

Let me know how she is doing and what else I can answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I hope you were able to see my response; I have not heard back from you. How is she doing?