Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 10 year old pitbull that has been sick now a week.

Customer Question

Hello I have a 10 year old pitbull that has been sick now for almost a week. We have taken him to the animal hospital and had blood work done but nothing shows to be wrong there. So my question and biggest concern is the last 4 times he has went outside to use the bathroom all he does is strain and only a small amount comes out and now he's not wanting to drink or eat and his breathing is rough ūüėĒ any advice or suggestions as to what could possibly be wrong with him would be very much appreciated. I don't want to lose him he's my son and my heart is breaking because I don't know how to help hom
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Zeus. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

When he is straining, he is trying to urinate or to defecate, can you tell? Is it a small amount of stool or of urine that comes out?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

How is Zeus doing? I never heard back from you; I hope he is doing better.