Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Here is a snap shot of my beginning conversation a few

Customer Question

Here is a snap shot of my beginning conversation a few minutes ago. I've still not been connected to ver
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I filled out the form and no one got back to me
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Sorry that it has taken so long to answer your question...from what I gather, Zoey is not eating or moving much. If there is no vomiting or diarrhea, then this could be due to an unstable disc in her neck or back that is causing so much pain that she does not want to move or eat. For now, provide supportive care such as giving Pedialyte, a few teaspoons every 6 hrs to be sure she remains hydrated and liquify canned dog food and feed this with a syringe. Then you can give aspirin at 5 mg per pound of Zoey's weight every 12 hrs to decrease this pain.

I was not able to see the entire exchange so if I missed something, please let me know. This treatment will be good if this is a disc issue and if this does not help, you will have to take Zoey to your vet for an exam. Since she is also sneezing, this may be due to an infection which will require antibiotics.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****