Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Dog got he scared out of m by another dog. Had a seizure,

Customer Question

dog got he crap scared out of him by another dog. Had a seizure, crapped, peed, and puked. Stopped thrashing around and now is just laying there unresponsive. Breathing is good, but no movement. Limbs are flexible; suspect post-ictal stage. No history of this in the past. Thinking of putting him to bed and checking n him in the morning.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: yorkie
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: yes, the yorkie flipped into a seizure when another dog scared him
JA: Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Slake, 1 year old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Slake?
Customer: Perfectly healthy and well-cared after to date
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I'm sorry that you have not heard back from anyone sooner. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) How is Slake doing now?
2) Any additional seizures?
3) How long did the seizure last?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No more seizures, but he appears to be paralyzed now. I think the seizure was so intense he suffered massive brain damage.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Anytime that a dog becomes comatose, this is reason for major concern. If you have not already, I would urge you to take him to your vet's office or local ER. He should not remain comatose at home without the assistance of a veterinary team. If he needs to be put to sleep, this is possible. However, there may still be options for treatment depending on what has caused him to act this way.

Checking in, JACustomer. How is your companion doing?