Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

He feels noticeably warm, mild panting, will not let me cut

Customer Question

He feels noticeably warm, mild panting, will not let me cut his nails so he is not running but walking slowly
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: 8 year old mini doxie, I am disabled so he is pretty home bound, he is neutered
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: Yes a miniature dachshund
JA: Is the dachshund bleeding a lot?
Customer: no, just warm and slow in his movements
JA: Phew. What is the dachshund's name?
Customer: Little Man
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dachshund?
Customer: No this is worrisome because of the lack of playfulness, what feels like elevated body temperature, mild panting, last night refused treats but is eating and drinking, overgrown nails
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Do you have a picture of his nails?
2) Are they causing him difficulty walking?
3) Any other issues?
4) Are you able to obtain a rectal temperature?