Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Blood work ALT 309 -Globulin 3.7 - Urea Nitrogen - Creatnine

Customer Question

hi blood work ALT 309 -Globulin 3.7 - Urea Nitrogen 69 - Creatnine 2.4 - BUN 29 - Phosphorus 6.2 what would you recommend
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: seem happy and active he is around 15yrs old but last 2 blood workups some levels are high is there anything that can be done to help him
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: no sign of pain months ago he had his teeth cleaned several months after that he had a distended stomach from a bacteria infection seems to have recovered from that followup blood work had 5 levels marked high
JA: There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Dylan
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Dylan?
Customer: His food tastes have changed. Before he only wanted canned Blue dog food. After infection he would eat chicken on Pure Vita crunchy dog food. He started drinking a lot of water. Now he doesn't want the crunchy food & is drinking less water. That is why I went to the vet. He was drinking a lot of water. Glucose is 86
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

Can you upload a copy of all of Dylan's test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy at home but Dylan's vet can give you one which you can scan into your computer and then give me the file link or you can photograph the pages and upload them by using the paperclip icon (if you can see that icon) or by using an external app such as dropbox.com/

Please note that the blood urea nitrogen = BUN yet there are two different values posted - "urea nitrogen 69" (abnormal) but BUN 29 (normal).

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
cannot get the dropbox to connect. forget it refund my money and move on