Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog Molly is 10 years old and typically in really good

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, my dog Molly is 10 years old and typically in really good health. She is a Border Collie Boston Terrier mix. She often snores and lately has started to wheeze a little with some clear discharge. We thought it was allergies. Today she has started to breathe rapidly and when she gets excited she goes into a hacking kind of cough.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Molly?
Customer: I don't think so. She is generally healthy.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has she had these signs?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

Since you noted that she is breathing heavy, can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?

Has she been on any treatment thus far?