Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My dog was fine all day now he 't want to walk or do

Customer Question

My dog was fine all day now he don't want to walk or do anything he just laying down peeing on himself I don't know what's wrong with him
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name its macho he it's only 10 months old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Its?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 9 months ago.

Hello.

What kind of dog is this?

Is there anything he could have gotten into? Garbage? Compost piles? Marijuana?

Is he vaccinated?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He it's a Yorkee dog
he got all his vaccinated
ProblAbly he eats everything he see on the floor the toys garbage
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 9 months ago.

Ok thanks.

If he's that lethargic and just urinating on himself, I would guess that he got into something toxic. It could be a garbage and something moldy. Mold toxicity can cause signs like this. The best way to treat, is by putting them on IV fluids for 12-24 hours in an ER hospital as a detox type of treatment. Most dogs will respond nicely and get back to normal within that time period.

If you can't get him in, then I would try to get some fluids in him at home- water, pedialyte, gatorade. I would also try to get some canned food or cook up some chicken or hamburger to get some calories into him. Ideally, though, a night on IV fluids would be beneficial.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for the question.

I wouldn't expect popcorn to make him this lethargic. It's possible that there was something moldy and we're seeing a mold toxicity. It's also possible that he has something else going on. I would take a look at his gum color. If it's pink, that is normal. If it's pale, then I would worry about an abdominal mass that is bleeding- this is very common in older goldens.

Ideally, I would have him monitored through the next 12-24 hours at an ER vet. They may elect to keep him on IV fluids to flush out any toxin. They may also run some bloodwork to make sure it's not a metabolic issue or an anemia issue. Best case scenario is that it's just some GI upset and they give some fluids and meds and get him home.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks I will take him to the vet today so they could check on him
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 9 months ago.

How did everything go today?