Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hello. Thanks for the question.
This should not be too serious. The most I would expect from that ingestion is some mild GI upset (vomiting, diarrhea). It shouldn't cause anything that is long lasting or toxic.
If the vomiting continues for more than 12 hours, then I would get him seen for symptomatic care- anti-nausea infections and fluids for hydration. I think it's safe to head home at this point and let things calm down and resolve on their own.