Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian

My 3 year male Dobermen has had diarrhea past 3 days there

Customer Question

My 3 year male Dobermen has had diarrhea for he past 3 days there is a lot of mucous in it. He is drinking plenty of waterand is eating about as half of what he normally consumes. Can I give him imodium should I feed him white rise and boiled chicken for a few days.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear Siggi has diarrhea. No one likes diarrhea!

I would feed a bland diet of boiled chicken and boiled rice for the next 2 days then transition back to the normal diet. You can give a single 2mg ammonium (loperamide) capsule, however I would not repeat it. If there is no improvement in 24 hours, then he really should see a vet to make sure nothing else is going on.