Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My dog ate around 250 grams of shelled pistachios, Rocco and

Customer Question

Hello! My dog ate around 250 grams of shelled pistachios
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Rocco and he is 6 months old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rocco?
Customer: he is an Australian Shepherd
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Rocco. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

How long ago did this happen?

Pistachios are not toxic to dogs (Macadamia nuts are, as well as grapes and raisins). If he ate a lot, the oil in the nuts could cause diarrhea, or he might vomit, but these are no poisonous.

Let me know if this is helpful and what else I can answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I hope you were able to see my response! Please let me know if this was helpful, how Rocco is doing, and if I can answer any more of your questions.