Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

MY DOG CHEWED AND POSSIBLY ATE TRAZADONE, AND CLONAZAPAM.

Customer Question

mY DOG CHEWED AND POSSIBLY ATE TRAZADONE, AND CLONAZAPAM. SHOULD WE INDUCE VOMITING.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your dog. How long ago did this happen?

How much does your dog weigh and how much trazadone and clonazapam did he get? This might not be a problem but I need his weight and how much he got to calculate if this is an overdose.

I also need his weight to tell you how much hydrogen peroxide to give to induce vomiting.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
w/I 4 MIN ATE MORE TRAZADONE THAN CLONAZAPAM, BUT NOT SURE HOW MANY OF EACH. SHE IS 40 POUNDS.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 10 months ago.

Without knowing how much she got, it might be best to induce vomiting. You need fresh hydrogen peroxide; if it is old it won't work.

You can give 2 teaspoons of peroxide in some milk or ice cream. That should get her to empty her stomach in 5 minutes or so.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 10 months ago.

If it does not work, try it once more.

The alternative is to go to a veterinary clinic for some apomorphine to induce vomiting.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 10 months ago.

How is it going?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 10 months ago.

Was my answer helpful? Can I answer anymore of your questions? I hope you were able to see my response. Please let me know how he is doing.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 10 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 10 months ago.

I sure would like to know how she is doing! Did she vomit the pills? Please let me know if my answer was helpful and how she is doing.