Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a large 4 yr. old dog who had diarrhea last night and

Customer Question

I have a large 4 yr. old dog who had diarrhea last night and now this morning he seems week had a hard time getting up but was able to walk.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Brady
JA: How old is Brady?
Customer: 3 1/2
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Brady?
Customer: He has been very healthy, I can move his legs with out causing him pain. I lifted up the distal portion of each leg, let it drop and both responded the same.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 9 months ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Any vomiting?

2- Did he get into anything?

3- Any pre existing medical conditions?

4- Is he alert?

5- Any other symptoms?