Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

He acts fine right now but ate some of my trident gum and a

Customer Question

He acts fine right now but ate some of my trident gum and a snack size bag of m&m's
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is 11
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Toby?
Customer: No he is normally heath and likes to get into things
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Now provided he is a good sized lad and hasn't any signs at this stage, we'd expect that he didn't have enough to cause himself harm. Small doses of chocolate, sometimes will just cause GI upset is anything at all. And as long as the gum hadn't any xylitol (or low enough relative to his weight to avoid the blood sugar crash or liver damage it is known to cause), then that wouldn't be a worry. So, based on what you noted, I suspect both were under the toxic levels and we'd just want to monitor +/- use a a light diet option for a few days to offset any gut upset. Examples of an easily digestible diet include cooked white rice with boiled chicken, boiled white fish, scrambled egg, or meat baby food (as long as its free from garlic or onion powder). Ideally, we want to offer this as small frequent meals to keep the stomach settled

Please take care,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )