Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

8 yr old 70# lab dog vomiting in 6-8 hrs of eating. no other

Customer Question

8 yr old 70# ***** dog vomiting in 6-8 hrs of eating. no other symptoms. vet has done many tests & all normal. anti nausea meds didn't work. I am scared for her & don't know where to turn. Something is wrong.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 3 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about Stella's situation. How long ago did she last vomit? When did the vomiting start? When did the vet do the blood work and x-rays?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is going 5 days. Vet did all tests yesterday and she actually upped the vomit to 5 times in the night instead of once. That's it, but just a sec ago, she vomited a small amount of bile. That's new.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She gave me another med to try this afternoon called cerenia. Just gave her a pill 10 min ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No clue as to why this is happening.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello? What do you suggest?

I'm sorry I got pulled away for a bit. Have they done a study where multiple x-rays are taken in a row after a dye called barium has been swallowed? Have they talked about an ultrasound? IN a situation like this where all the tests up to this point have been normal, eating something foreign and having it stuck in the intestinal tract is a big suspicion. IT doesn't have to show on a plain x-ray.