Dr. Gregg
Dr. Gregg, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  35 years experience providing medical care for dogs
64354720

I am trying to find out what the average size of a toy

Customer Question

I am trying to find out what the average size of a toy Australian Shepherd is. None of my local vets will give me that information unless they see the dog. I live in a rental community and trying to get a letter stating the average weight of the breed when they are an adult. I was even willing to pay for an appointment to get the information because I do not want to purchase a dog that I cannot keep in the community that I live in.. technically I just need the average weight of the breed. Not the particular dog that I'm looking to purchase.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gregg replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Gregg and I will try to help you out. I suspect the information should be available on the American Kennel Club website. Let me check a reference and I will get back to you as soon as I can

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you very much

They are 14" to 18" tall, at the shoulder, 20 to 31# ***** weight and scary smart dogs who are loyal, energetic and very trainable. I hope that helps

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
sir.. thank you very much

You are quite welcome. While I have seen any toy Aussies, the standard and miniature versions are mighty entertaining dogs...and did I mention smart? Good luck wit your new dog

Have not seen a toy Aussie....sorry

You are quite welcome. Good luck with your new dog. Dr. Gregg

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you very much! I'm looking forward to the new addition to my family. I hear they are very smart. He will have plenty of attention to keep him occupied.

Sorry for my absence. My internet went down around 4 hours ago and I just got it back. I apologize. Did you have any further questions?

Is there anything else I can help with? If not please accept my answer and rate me so the website knows I have been helpful to you. Good luck. Dr Gregg