Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator

Is not able to have bowel movements in bad pain trying but

Customer Question

Is not able to have bowel movements in bad pain trying but does not get there get say they can't find any reason
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: lucky 4 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lucky?
Customer: Seam to be real raw around the back area
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon, Virginia. Thanks for your question. I'm sorry to hear about Lucky.

What diagnostics did your vet perform on him to determine that they could find no cause for him being unable to defecate?

When did he last defecate normally?

Any diarrhea?

Has he eaten any bones, rawhides or consumed any parts of toys?

Any vomiting?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No diarrhea no vomiting has not eaten anything I know of he was last right about. 3 weeks ago he does not even want to be the same pup with me now I think he is blaming me for his pain

I am unable to offer a phone call at this time, JACustomer. I'll opt out and allow someone else to step in if they're available to assist.

Expert:  Sally G. replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry that no one was able to take your phone call and I see you are off line at this time. I believe when it comes to constipation we want to be sure that there is no underlying cause such as an obstruction of the bowel and that is why the expert above asked about the dog eating bones or rawhide as any non food item can cause an obstruction and this would require surgery.

Because it has been going on for 3 weeks it would seem to be more than constipation which would be the worry regarding treating it as such.

I would suggest you take the pups vital signs and I will direct you to a link to help you through that and I would suggest that you have a hands on exam.

Dogs do not blame people for such pain, I do believe he is really feeling ill and just distancing himself from being touched because it hurts.