Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 11 week old pit pup has bloody saliva, blood around s

Customer Question

My 11 week old pit bull pup has bloody saliva, blood around his nose, and is hacking as if he is throwing up. He has been like this for 3 hours and I have no idea what to do. I live in the country with no emergency animal hospital. Please help
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No man. I came home around 1 am and fed him like usual. He didn't eat a lot or drink much. Shortly after he started hacking, so I put my fingur in his throat to c if he was choking. That wasn't the problem so I put a little olive oil in his food to try to lubricat and that still didnt help.
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Chemdawg.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chermidae?
Customer: Chermidae?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He looks tired, keeps nodding off but won't lie down.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) When was his last visit to see your vet?
2) When was his last veterinary-administered vaccine?
3) When was his last fecal exam with your vet?
4) Have you witnessed any vomiting?
5) Diarrhea?
6) Have you located the source of the blood yet? If not, look at his teeth and see if any are bleeding or missing.
7) Still eating and drinking well?