Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Object Object] Started with one hot spot, quickly became 3!

Customer Question

object Object]
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Started with one hot spot, quickly became 3! Put over the counter foam called 'Hot Spot' on it. Put cone on dog. After a week, healed up, took cone off. Started chewing spots again. Otherwise, healthy dog, 20 lbs.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Is this companion on any meds other than the hot spot foam?
2) When you say they healed up, where there no scabs and no inflammation to the skin?
3) Where were these hot spots located?