Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

She has an abraision on her stomach. she seems to be

Customer Question

she has an abraision on her stomach. she seems to be scratching it to the point of bleeding. its about the size of the bottom of a pop can.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: no
Customer: if I could get a cel phone # ***** you? I could send you a pict.
Customer: i wiped the sore off with an iodine swab. it kinda botherd her a bit. butafter i wiped it all off with cold water she seemed better.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 months ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How old is she?

2- How long has this been going on?

3- You can post a picture on this thread via the "add on" button next to your reply button.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She is 5. I will post a picture of how it looked this morning and won't let me post previous pics
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This was 6 hours or so ago
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
These are now

1- She has been licking, correct?

2- Do you know how she got cut?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't have the 28 to call
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
licking and very uncomfortable

Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She has had a quarter sized raised area there for a very long time now. But never showed signs of opening up

Friend, it appears she could of had a cyst that ruptured and now her licking has made it worst. In addition, it appears to have some pus (infected). I am going to make some recommendation below, if no significant improvement in 1-2 days I would have her checked by family veterinarian for a hands on examination. This is what you can try:

1- Need to stop her from licking or she is going to make it worst. Pick up an ecollar (cone) in your local pet store to stop her from licking/gnawing at affected area.

2- Pick up in your local pharmacy "Hibiclens" antimicrobial soap or chlorhexiderm scrub. Wash area with this soap 2-3 times a day.

3- After washing affected area as above apply a topical antibiotic like neosporin or bacitracin. Do this 2-3 times a day for the next 7-10 days.

4- If no significant improvement after doing the above in 1-2 days follow up with your family veterinarian for a hands on examination.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter