Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

My dog all of a sudden isn't drinking get water and

Customer Question

My dog all of a sudden isn't drinking get water and drooling. A LOT on one side
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do with the drooling. How old is All Of A Sudden?
Customer: I got home yesterday and I noticed he was drooling and then today I can't get him to eat or drink
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about All Of A Sudden?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Any changes in his mouth (ie sores, masses, inflammation, etc)?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't know what happened yesterday but his jowl was swollen and droopy and he was drooling a lot from that one side he wouldn't eat or drink anything I had to make him drink water and today he's back to normal maybe he was stung by something, I don't know.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again,

I glad to hear he is back to normal. If the jowl was swollen, the a sting or bite from an insect would be a top suspect this time of year. Otherwise, caustic ingestions could also cause these signs but hopefully unlikely since he has bounced back. Still do monitor just in case of any relapse.

Best wishes,

Dr. B