Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My personal vet ran tests on my shih zhu and told me she had

Customer Question

My personal vet ran tests on my shih zhu and told me she had a virus. She was throwing up for 10 hours. Later I took her to emergency and they are giving me 3 different diagnosis 2 days later Over $3,000 and they are rude and wont talk to me What do I do? I dont want her to die
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No within a day my dog could be dead! I need advice now. something is terribly wrong with this emergency room...Please call now!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My vet said Virus, She almost died when I took her home she turned purple could not breathe lungs filled with fluid skin wrinkled dehydrated. I took her to the emergency at 10 at night in a panic and requested immediate fluids for her and pain meds as she was crying in pain. Stomach was bouncing she was crawling all over the place. Horrible painn. Her lungs had fluid. Her chest was expanded. They took an hour before even starting on her. Then told me she had pancreatis and only time would tell. I call back today, another vet told me she is not eating still on fluids lethargic and she was poisioned. No one will tell me if she will live!! I asked them to please keep in contact with me. They are rude abrupt and charged me over $3,000 so far! I need help. I do not want my dog to die. How do I get 3 diagnosis?
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I'm sorry you haven't heard back from anyone yet. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Do you have any blood work results to share with her?
2) When did the symptoms begin? z
3) When did your vet run tests and say she had a virus?
4) Is she eating or drinking at this point?
5) Any vomiting or diarrhea?
6) Is she fed human food at home? If so, what was she most recently fed prior to this problem?
7) What does she normally eat for food?