Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She is 10 weeks old and is a lab mix. We rescued her and she

Customer Question

she is 10 weeks old and is a lab mix. We rescued her and she came home yesterday. She is warm to touch and I have her laying in front of a fan. She also is breathing heavy. I counted her respirations per minute and they were at about 45 to 55 a min..
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bailee
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bailee?
Customer: She has had a lot of her shots just not rabies. She has been very sleepy.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

When you say that she is "breathing heavy", is she panting?

Is she lethargic?

Any vomiting, diarrhea or lack of appetite?

What color are her gums?

Was she running around or playing outside before this started?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Very lethargic, diarrhea. We just rescued her. Her gums look very good. She has been this way more today then yesterday. The breathing heavy has been since we picked her up yesterday. She also has a lot of eye boggies.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
panting and you can see her chest going very fast.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Very sleepy and tired. She plays for a little bit but that is all