Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

My dog has a large tumor in s mouth and it won't stop

Customer Question

My dog has a large tumor in his mouth and it won't stop bleeding. He is 11 year old boxer and the vet said it is not practical to remove it. What can we do to help stop the bleeding
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: The vet said he is in good shape. He is losing weight because he can't eat as much. I don't know if there are liquid nourishments or anything that is recommended
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear of this with your dog and I regret to have to tell you that there's nothing in a conservative vein that can address a large bleeding tumor in the oral cavity. As difficult as this is to say, having him euthanized should be considered a kindness. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.