Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog had bladder surgery on thuresday and he is having to

Customer Question

my dog had bladder surgery on thuresday and he is having to pee a lot and there is still blood in his urine, my vet said this would be normal for a couple of days but i was hoping it would be gone by now, is this still normal
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Duncan and he will be 5 this thuresday
JA: How old is Duncan?
Customer: 5 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Duncan?
Customer: not that i know of he has had a lot of utis
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Do you know what type of stones he had in his bladder? Is there blood in the urine everytime he urinates?