Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I was online here but entered the wrong security code and

Customer Question

I was online here but entered the wrong security code and then lost my place. Patricia
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian. I understand that your pet Reggie has stopped eating. I am sorry to hear that and will try to help you figure out some possibilities as to why she isn't eating and what to do about it.

I have a few questions to understand her history. Does Reggie have any underlying health concerns that were diagnosed before she stopped eating?

Is she currently taking any medications?
When was the last time she was seen by a veterinarian?

- Dr. H

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Reggie is Epileptic. She takes 4 pills per day. The medication is Levetiracetyam (sp?). She vomited her last dosage on Sat. (yesterday) so has been without the meds. She was seen by my usual vet a month ago and diagnosed as well. However, she goes to a specialty clinic for the epilepsy and I will take her tomorrow.
She also had a bath two days ago and I called the groomer. She is constantly licking her private parts and it seems that there is soreness. She will only walk a foot or two, then has to sit down.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am taking her to Animal Specialty Group tomorrow. She has her own doctor who has treated her for several years. So I will forgo the $28.00 charge. Thank you.