Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

Our boxer is lethargic, with droopy eyes, it almost looks

Customer Question

our boxer is lethargic, with droopy eyes, it almost looks like his eyes are rolling up into his eyelids. No energy and just looks miserable
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Milo and he is 4. We took him to the vet yesterday and they drew blood but said everything is normal and gave him an antibiotic. He has gotten worse since yesterday, his ears and nose is cold
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Milo?
Customer: nope up until now he has been healthy and energetic
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. Your boxer's symptoms are important but they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder. Eyes appear to have rolled up when the third eyelids prolapse across the eyes. This occurs when the eyelids themselves are abnormal, when the eyes need protecting, or when the sympathetic nervous system innervating those lids is interrupted.

Have any new symptoms arisen since you posted?